Scilab Textbook Companion project is managed by the FOSSEE project, IIT Bombay. We provide internship certificates to all who participate in this activity.
The procedure is as follows:
Learn Scilab. Resources are provided at Scilab Resources
Submit book proposal
- 2.1 Log into scilab.in, else create a new account if you are a new user
- 2.2 Propose you preferred choice of books, using the proposal form here.
Book proposal criteria and sample codes
- 3.1 Make sure that the proposed book has at least 80 solved examples which can be coded in Scilab.
- 3.2 Exclude theoretical examples such as derivations or problems which have no scope of computation.
- 3.3 Send sample code from one of the three proposed books to textbook(at)scilab(dot)in in a .zip or .tgz file. The sample codes should be sent utmost by the 3rd day of the proposal.
- 3.4 The subject of the email containing sample code should be "New Book Proposal-Sample Codes-(Student Name)".
Intimation about the approval or rejection of the proposal will be informed via email within 10 days. The approved textbook will appear under Books in Progress.
Once approved, start coding only the solved examples of the textbook and upload the code on the interface.
Send an acknowledgement email to textbook(at)scilab(dot)in, once all the code is uploaded on the interface. The review will not start until we receive the email. Simultaneously, post the IITB internship forms. For further details click here
Review of the book
- 7.1 Initially, the uploaded code will be reviewed for syntax related errors which will typically take 7 working days.
- 7.2 If any code is found to be erroneous, the intern will have to resubmit the corrected codes after ensuring that ALL the codes are bug-free.
- 7.3 Once all the submitted codes is bug-free, the output of the code will be verified with the results in the textbook. This process may take up to 45 days.
- 7.4 If you submit the code for review more than once, it will be queued up with other review requests and will result in subsequent delays and revision of your honorarium.
- Interns who successfully finish the textbook companion as per the specified procedure will be awarded an internship e-certificate and honorarium.
Terms and Conditions:
- Sample codes are a must and should be sent for the approval of the book
- Code all the solved examples given in the textbook.
- Complete the coding in 3 months time.
- Be regular, else we will cancel the internship.
- Use only Scilab and not any other FOSS
- If the total number of examples in the textbook is less than 80, the intern will be paid reduced honorarium. For further details, click here.
- We cannot provide honorarium till we receive the forms.